Friday, November 03, 2006

About Me

I just thought will catalogue whatever I had in the 'about me' section in my orkut profile...

The Truth is just out there to be experienced, not analysed. ;)

Indeed it is tough to give a short description about me...still, in the pursuit, I have collected some quotes, which reflect some of the dimensions in me...and here they are!

============================================
karmaNi Eva adhikArah mE mA phalEshhu kadAchana
mA karma-phala hEtuh bhavAmi mA mE sangah astu akarmaNi

I have a right only to my duties, never to their fruits / results.
I shall neither manipulate my results nor fall a victim to inactivity / laziness.

--Bhagawad Gita
===========================================
நகுதற் பொருட்ட‌ன்று ந‌ட்டல் மிகுதிக்க‌ண்
மேற்சென்று இடித்தற் பொருட்டு.

Friendship is to be practised not for the purpose of laughing but for that of being beforehand in giving one another sharp rebukes in case of transgression

--Thirukkural

===========================================
u either choose to remain in denial or accept that this is ur destiny..btw.,.PhD is not the end of the world...whatever u do..u will get ur PhD...its just the beginning of an endless journey of multiple saturations, frustations and nonchalance! thats how it is!

--Suhasni, my Senior!
===========================================

I am, the facts I can't deny.

--Shmilona,NCBS
=========================================

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high

Where knowledge is free

Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls

Where words come out from the depth of truth

Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection

Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit

Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action

Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake

-- Rabindranath Tagore (Gitanjali, 1913)=========================================================

Words and Hearts should be handled with care. Words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest thing to repair

--somebody

-----------------------------------------------------

If somehow my expectations and experience dont match with others' it doesnt mean I am on the road to perdition or paving way for someone else's. Excusez moi! Thats why these are part of life's choices and not laws.

--Suhasni (My senior)================================================================================================

வெள்ளத் தனைய மலர்நீட்டம் மாந்தர்தம்

உள்ளத் தனையது உயர்வு.

The stalks of water-flowers are proportionate to the depth of water;

so is men's greatness proportionate to their minds.

--Thirukural

No comments: