Monday, February 23, 2009

Science and Religion - A confluence!

I was just going through my research notebook when I happened to see that I had noted two nice quotes - don't know from where...but it was nice and I thought I have to put it down. They reflect that science and religion are different perspectives of the same emotion. Not sure how many are going to agree, but I think I agree to this:

"Science is about finding material explanations of the world - explanations that can inspire those spooky feelings of awe, wonder and reverence in the hyper-evolved brain".

"Religion, on the other hand, is about humans thinking that awe, wonder and reverance are the clue to understanding a God-built universe".

Comments welcome!

5 comments:

KAVIJI said...

I agree and disagree! Science also makes us awe again about the God-built Universe and hence life.. So, science is a form of religion too.. isnt it?

Vigneshwar Ramakrishnan said...

Well, why don't we take Science as Science itself? Why do we want to call it 'another form of religion'? :-)

KAVIJI said...

Not to add science to the list of religions, but I really couldnt perceive them as two different emotions! May be it requires a much deeper or a different insight :) anyways, ur posts give good food for thought! keep going!

Vigneshwar Ramakrishnan said...

Well, you don't really have to have 'deeper' insights, coz you already have! You may percieve Science and Religion as one. However, it has been great failure in the history for all those who had attempted to unify these. So the best way to tell to the mass, I believe, is to keep them separate! :-)

Anonymous said...

i agree with vignesh anna's comment we must see science and religion seperate...science gives u a clarity of wat u r doing ...by those understanding u can reach certain heights but this god built universe is perfect in all means...the final answer science don't carry...that's alway god sent....archimedes is a well know example....i will update my blog with that story..