Monday, August 07, 2006

I have been thinking that it was only my behaviour to get a feedback volunteerily to know about my performance in something..but alas! it seems to be the desire for anyone...some take it constructively and some otherwise!

I have observed this in myself..that I would like to present myself well and get GOOD feedbacks from seniors in acknowledgement...but it is the attitude of certain superiors, though they note the excellence, do not acknowledge it so easily!
but though this is just to get the best out, and i too understand it...it still gives a longing to get the admonition and acknowledgement!

But does this longing/yearning quench after one?? NO!!
May be that is the cause for us to keep going on and on! :-)

Sometimes I wonder, if this is what is called "research". Trying to be recognised among peers, by way of doing new things...and "discovering" new things!
I am really convinced now that, after reading an article on Einstein in the recent TIME magazine (July 2006), that there is nothing called a true passion towards science...but just the inherent desire to be getting recognised!

On the basis of this, i find that there can be two categories of scientists/researchers...
Those who aim at a recognition on a global scale...and the others who are satisfied with a recognition locally!

No comments: